Monday 22 February 2010

Gel Productions

While these posters are much better than previous schools. I can't help but think someone had given a child Photoshop again. The poster is very cluttered, the black text on brown camo in the corner is a very poor decision and the background is repeated poorly. Halfway down the poster you can see that the camo background doesn't join. An inverted version of the background would have fitted fine.

There is also far too much text on the poster. I think the header is good, but the amount of information is just too much. Also, I can't understand why they chose to put the swirl across the poster. I feel the need to point out "£5IVE", obviously someone wants to look cool.

My last complaint is the advert on the webpage. It is COVERED in stars for no reason. The "world famous" DJs they have cannot be found on Google. The link to their webpage forward you to their Myspace page, full of out of date information, cheap Flash plugins and dead Photobucket links.

It turns out that the guy who runs it is 45. That explains all of the "groovy" speak. Let's be honest "UV it up!" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I can't wait to miss this party.

No comments:

Post a Comment