Wednesday 3 March 2010

RM Computers

Today I had to present my Welsh Bac presentation. Now, we all know the limited options available for Powerpoint animations. So naturally, I went for the least bad effect, typewriter. On my computer at home it writes the paragraph in about 2 seconds. I had tested this on desktop and laptops and it was fine.

So today I brought the presentation into college and as soon as the lesson started we were told to present our work. I opened the Powerpoint and hit enter. Nothing for about 5 seconds, then half the words appeared, then more waiting, then the next 4 letters appeared. The teacher stopped my presentation, commented that the slides were distracting and unreadable, then made me remove all of the animation in the slide-show.

I told her that it was meant to be a smooth effect, but the computer fast enough. I was then told it was my fault I didn't test it. I didn't even have any time to test it. So know I have lost marks for my work thanks to slow computers. Thank you RM for destroying my work and effort.

To sum up my feelings, I created a metaphorical recreation of my reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment