Sunday 28 March 2010

Wasting My Time

I should start by saying that we were told to keep the details of the Apple hiring seminar a secret. But after they wasted my time like this. I feel it's ok for me to share the base information.

We sat at a table for one and a half hours watching the world's longest keynote about working at Apple and sharing opinions and stories. It was trivial and quite boring. Why try to convince applicants to WANT the job? They already applied and got here.

After that we had 2 minutes each to do a role play, serving a customer. The "customer" knew his scenario, you didn't. The first guy in my group got a tech minded customer wanting an iMac. The next guy got someone who wanted an iPad. I got someone who was sheltering from the rain who didn't want or know anything about computers. WHY?

We were then told to wait a week for a reply. After 2 days I got a template rejection e-mail. So I had wasted my day for nothing. Not even a personalised e-mail.

Apple is a great company, ruined by it's official retailers. That's why I got my laptop, and recommend everyone else does, from a licensed retailer. Better service, better knowledge, better price.

9 comments:

Coner said...

Well what I found out after my first interview was that I gained a lot of experience in job interviews and look where it has got me now, working in Starbucks. But there is nothing stopping you from going for the job again. If you did you would have the advantage of knowing what they will ask you, although there is the presentation as well.

Ryan said...

Highly trained apple ninja assassins will come to your house and kill you, remove your head and deliver it to steve jobs for divulging this secret information about the interview. Fact. Alas poor Emyr, I knew him well. :P

Ryan said...

btw. http://omgascarydoor.blogspot.com/

Ryan said...

insomnia. isn't. funny. :|

Ryan said...

due to the suckishness of in-built templates, i neeeeeed a better one. Any ideas?

Ryan said...

Please God just let me sleeeeeep.

Ryan said...

I wonder if there's some kind of message-system-type-thing for talking directly to you instead of over comments.

Emerald-Coast said...

Hi Ryan. Been a while hasn't it?
I haven't checked the blog for a week now.

Can't access http://omgascarydoor.blogspot.com. WTF?

Check the links at the bottom to find templates like the one I use.

Insomnia is funny. It means my day is 8 hours longer than anyone else. Yay for extra time!

The message system was known as PSN chat : (

Emerald-Coast said...

BTW "highly trained apple ninja assassins" are no match for teenagers with Nerf guns and Monster Energy drinks >: )

Post a Comment