Saturday 6 March 2010

There Goes My Source

Reliability is one thing you will not get from some people. Teletext Game Central is one of them. What did they give Heavy Rain? 4! I took a look at their scores to see HOW they had reached Metacritic worthiness. They have the most sporadic scoring I have yet to see. How can you praise every game with Mario for ingenuity and graphics, while hammering Heavy Rain saying it's two dimensional. I have watched my sister play the game, we both have entirely different opinions on who the killer is and my sister found scenes I never knew about. This is one of the most complex games I have ever seen.

On another note. Metacritic has had issues with being trustworthy over the last year. Nintendo has so many magazines they own, or have some influence over, that every game they release is guaranteed a 9 or 10. How does "New" Super Mario Bros. deserve any praise at all for innovation? They updated graphics and added multiplayer. It's not like that hasn't been done before.

That's why I switched to IGN for reviews months ago. Plus, if one of their reviews looks too low. You can check if the US, UK, and AU reviews match. Finally, some consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment